Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Best Books

I was "tagged" to do this over a month ago and I am just getting to it.

One book that changed your life: The Bible continues to change my life. It is the only book that is God-breathed. And it gives me the ability to judge every other book by its standards. Also, Desiring God, by John Piper; The Way Home, by Mary Pride (although I don't agree with all she has to say the book is so counter cultural it shook up my world). Recovering Biblical Manhood and Womanhood, edited by Wayne Grudem and John Piper.

One book that you’ve read more than once: Toward Jerusalem, by Amy Carmichael

One book you’d want on a desert island: The Bible

One book that made you laugh: The Mystery of Marriage, by Mike Mason (It's not a funny book, but he captures the experience of falling in love very well and it made me laugh)

One book that made you cry [or feel really sad]: The Hiding Place, by Corrie Ten Boom, and The Shadow of the Almighty, by Elisabeth Elliot

One book that you wish had been written: I wish my dad would have kept a journal. Then again maybe I don't. God knows best!

One book that you wish had never been written: The numerous books that defile the reader, but are passed off as great literature!

One book you’re currently reading: The Joy of Fearing God, by Jerry Bridges

One book you’ve been meaning to read: The Pleasures of God, by John Piper

No comments: